What is a vCIO and how does it fit your business needs?IT Resource
Do you wish you had someone who could come in and handle all your IT needs for you? We’re pleased to announce our tiered vCIO services, with options tailored to fit every business’ needs.
What is a vCIO?
A Virtual Chief Information Officer, or vCIO, is a high-level technology expert that acts as a dedicated technology liaison for businesses. A vCIO provides guidance and expertise on formulating strategic IT goals, planning the IT budget, facilitating technology changes, defines standard operating procedures, and oversees technology operations. A vCIO will work closely with key stakeholders and their focus is on delivering technology to meet business goals.
How does a vCIO interact with your team?
A vCIO becomes an extension of your team, embedding themselves in your operation, participating in executive meetings, leading your IT staff, and managing vendors to get results.
- CEO: Helps guide technology services in a manner that supports the overall business direction.
- CFO: Develops a long-term strategic technology plan including budget, prioritization, and timelines.
- IT: Develops a long-term strategic technology plan including budget, prioritization, and timelines.
- Line of Business Managers: Meets and collaborates with each manager to understand the needs of their departments.
- End-User Community: Ensures services are delivered seamlessly, data and personal info is protected, and problems are solved quickly.
How does a vCIO provide value to your business?
A vCIO investigates the challenges you’re facing and the goals you’re aiming for. In understanding those key business drivers, they can develop a strategic IT plan. As a result, this plan aligns the business need to the technology.
At IT Resource, we offer four different vCIO packages. Based on company size, specified needs, and strategic goals, we can customize any plan to meet your business and technology goals.
vCIO Remote Package Services
The Remote Package includes 8 monthly hours to use as needed
- Strategic Plan Development: Annually we collaborate with the key executives and stakeholders in a process to develop your strategic technology plan.
- Quarterly Business Reviews: Each quarter we meet virtually or in-person with your technology steering committee. In this meeting, we review changes within your organization, outline best practice, risk, and vulnerability gaps in your current technology, and review a Dynamic 3 to 5-year technology roadmap with your team.
- Monthly Performance Reporting: A summary report will be provided each month that will include a 35-point technology assessment. This assessment will provide progress and status updates of technology conditions, security posture, and roadmap progress between reviews.
- Monthly Owner/CEO Call: This monthly call will inform the owner/CEO of any critical concerns including security, performance, project progress, and personnel needs.
vCIO Business Package Services
The Business Package includes 16 monthly hours to use as needed
All services in the Remote Package are included plus:
- Weekly Staff Calls: Weekly calls to review project progress, project barriers, service performance, vendor response, and support, and other operational and security topics.
- Annual Vendor Performance Reviews: A review of vendor performance including SLA compliance, contract value, and service quality.
vCIO Executive Package Services
The Executive Package includes 24 monthly hours to use as needed
All services in the Business Package are included plus:
- Key Leadership and Board Meetings: Regular attendance and participation in leadership and board sessions
- Bi-Monthly on-site visits: Twice monthly on-site days to meet with teams and key stakeholders.
vCIO First Class Package Services
The First Class Package includes 40 monthly hours to use as needed
All services in the Executive Package are included plus:
- Weekly on-site visits: Weekly on-site days to meet with teams and key stakeholders. Staff 1:1 meetings and mentoring/coaching.
- Annual 360 Employee Reviews: Our vCIO handles the IT review process for IT staff. This review includes a self-evaluation of each staff member and a performance review for Executive and HR use in determining promotions and bonuses.
A vCIO will find solutions to pain points and business problems while facilitating company growth. Technology is fluid, and by understanding both the business and technology goals help us align solutions that will make the biggest impact on productivity, return on investment, and the most cost-effective total cost of ownership.
With a large focus on financial services, healthcare, and manufacturing, IT Resource partners with organizations across Michigan and the Midwest to provide vCIO services to help organizations leverage technology for business success.
If you’re interested in learning more about vCIO services, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 616.837.6930. We’re happy to provide additional information on pricing, customer success stories, and sample reports.