Can Managed Service Plans Protect Against Hackers and Security Threats?IT Resource
When a hacker and cyber criminals are looking for their next victim they choose the path of least resistance. Companies that don’t have the proper security measures in place, either because they’re not aware or think they don’t need it, are prime targets and they won’t realize they’ve been hit until it’s too late.
Having the proper security measures in place isn’t just a necessity for larger corporations. The fact is, small and medium sized businesses are the ones that seem to consistently fall behind when it comes to best security practices. Every single business needs to make it a priority, and luckily, it doesn’t have to cost a fortune or consume a large amount of manpower. A managed service provider can take care of your network security and backup plans, so you can stay ahead of the game.
An “average” cyber crime costs a U.S. company $15.4 million, more than any other country in the world.
Who Are Cyber Criminals Targeting?
According to Symantec’s Internet Security Threat Report, there’s been a steady increase in cyber attacks on businesses with less than 250 employees. In 2015, 43% of all attacks were targeted towards small businesses, making them the largest risk of the bunch. However, the remaining 57% shows that companies of all sizes are at risk.
Cyber crime statistics are startling. Check out this infographic, highlighting how much companies lose, on average, when a cyber attack occurs. Data loss accounts for almost 40% of the damage.
Security Plans Can Keep You Ahead of Competition
Knowing the smaller businesses are a hot target has made larger corporations think twice about who they do business with. As a smaller business you need to consider not only your own security measures, but also whether a hacker could access your client’s data as well. If you’ve got holes in your security systems a hacker can potentially reach an enterprise corporation by going through you. A rock solid security, backup, and data recovery plan could be the edge you need over your competition. While it might cost a bit more up front, your investment will ultimately pay off by way of generating new business and reducing security threats.
How Does A Managed Service Plan Help?
A good managed service provider will install anti-virus, anti-spyware and anti-malware protection on your servers, network, workstations, and mobile devices. They can monitor your network remotely, allowing them to catch and eliminate threats before they even enter your system. Some managed IT support plans include security awareness training for employees, reducing the risk of human error and vulnerabilities. Overall, a managed service provider will eliminate security threats and improve your overall backup, data recovery and security plans. This is a precaution you can’t afford not to take.
From Grand Rapids to Traverse City, and everywhere in between – we’re helping clients eliminate cyber security threats through our various levels of managed IT support and service agreements. Give us a call today to see how a proper managed service provider like IT Resource can help you get ahead of the game!