Cisco SMARTnet Merges with Smart Net Total CareIT Resource
On July 27th 2015, Cisco announced that their SMARTnet support offering will be merging with Smart Net Total Care to form Cisco Smart Net Total Care Service (SNTC). Even though Cisco SMARTnet is officially retired, SMARTnet customers can still expect the same support and service that they’ve been receiving. There’s no price difference from SMARTnet to SNTC and all of the SMARTnet SKUs will remain the same.
The good news for SMARTnet customers is that they now have automatic access to the perks of SNTC’s smart service capabilities at no additional cost. Entitlement to smart capabilities includes access to the SNTC portal, community support for the portal and collector, and a free download of the collector software. Smart capabilities can also help with correlating install base information including EoS and EoL, contracts and alerts.
What does this mean for Cisco customers with SMARTnet contracts?
- There is no action on your part until renewal, current SMARTnet contracts will be automatically entitled
- All SMARTnet customers have automatically become Smart Net Total Care customers
- When renewal time comes around, you will renew the same SKUs to continue to receive the updated Smart Net Total Care support level
What does this mean for Cisco legacy Smart Net Total Care customers?
- If you have an active NLS1 contract, there is no action on your part
- You will continue to receive all of the current support, access to TAC and all the features you are used to
- Upon renewal, your legacy device service contracts will be updated to the SNTC levels
If you still have questions regarding this merge, contact us and we’d be happy to explain all of the changes in further detail.